Hello, Readers and Listeners.
I just got back from a 2-week vacation. Right before I left, I turned in the last of the audio for the re-mastered version of Cowry Catchers on ACX. Their QC review is pretty exhaustive. They've had it for two weeks and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they take 2 weeks more to get back to me. But for now, it's done!
That was the last of the production things that I was trying to get off my plate before writing new novels. So yesterday, I started working on the Scarlet Albatross again. :) I have ambitious goals for the next 12 months. Some of them depend on other people, others are all on me. I'll try to post updates now and then so that you can follow along. Or you can subscribe to my podcast and listen to me talk about it.
Drafting, roughly in this order:
- The Scarlet Albatross (~80,000 words)
- Malachi 3 (~6,000 words)
- The Holovarus Book (~50,000 words)
- Malachi 4 (~6,000 words)
- Sunkissed Isles novella (~20,000 word)
- Malachi 5 (~6,000 words)
- Walk Upon High (~200,000 words)
- Malachi 6 (~6,000 words)
Production (not 12-month goals, just a current todo list):
- Paper Hunters - Have first proof. Jeff and I need to make adjustments and send for next one.
- Hunters on iBooks - Yes, I'm embarrassed to say I still haven't done this. Dealing with iBooks is a pain.
- Audio Hunters - Rish has Part 1 of 5 recorded and edited. I'm waiting on him and also on Bryan, who is doing some minor clean-up before my final polish of the files.
- Cowry Catchers paid Audio - Waiting on ACX
- Malachi 2 - waiting on illustrations and cover from Rah
- Cowry Catchers Art Book - I need to start watching Lynda.com videos on dealing with images in InDesign.
- Crossroads on ACX - Waiting on Dave Robison record one story for me.